Improve Your Finances
Is improving your financial strength and saving money at the top of your to do list? If so, you are one of millions of consumers who are interested in finding lower interest rates and reducing their debts - ultimately resulting in more cash in their pockets on a monthly basis.
It can be very difficult to sift through all of the junk mail and television ads and find a solution that truly meets your specific situation and needs. Your credit union is here to help you find the answer and tailor a specific plan for financial success.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Pay off high rate credit cards. Take advantage of the new low rates for unsecured loans at the credit union and pay off those high-rate department store credit cards. With the lower interest rates, more of your payment will apply to the balance rather than finance charges, and those debts will melt away. Be sure to close out those unused department store cards when they are paid off. It will alleviate the temptation to use them again, and leaving numerous accounts open can affect your credit scores.
- Refinancing mortgage loans. If you are interested in obtaining some of the lowest mortgage rates in recent years, now is the time to talk to a credit union representative. We are here to find the best mortgage for your needs – and we guarantee the lowest lender closing cost around. Call today for a mortgage analysis.
- Refinancing auto loans. If you financed an auto in the past few years, it's worth taking a look at refinancing. A lower interest rate will bring great savings over the term of the loan. Also, if you took advantage of the 0% financing offered by a dealer and now can't afford the large monthly payment - consider a loan with the credit union to get back to a more comfortable monthly expense.
- Home equity loans. Consider utilizing your assets to help improve your monthly cash flow or to reduce interest rates. A second mortgage or home equity loan can be utilized for a multitude of purposes such as home improvements and debt consolidation, and you may be able to take a tax break on the interest paid.
- Auto equity loans. This may be a new thought to you, but your auto is an asset just as a home. If your vehicle is worth more than you owe, or if you own it outright, it can be used to establish a used auto loan. The borrowed money can then be applied to pay off other debts or obligations at a much lower, secured interest rate.
At SWSFCU, we are ready to discuss your specific needs and find a financial plan that will exceed your expectations. With low rate loans, high rate savings, and numerous low or no fee services, we are certainly the best all-around value. Contact a representative at (925) 228-4545 today!